24 March 2008

Blessed Belated Easter

Hi there, how's everything? I know that it's obviously late, but I'd surely like to wish everyone a Blessed Belated Easter. =)

My husband was back to Japan on late Wednesday night last week, which explains why I haven't been blogging for a quite while. =P We managed to spend some good time together over the weekend, though the weather was not exactly great. Grey clouds seemed to loom forever but I really enjoyed the outdoor as I've been cooping at home during my husband's absence. Went to church yesterday and we received Easter eggs shown in the picture above. Aren't they cute?

We decided to visit some areas after church, to check the progress of Spring. Many of the migrant birds have flown back to where they came from. Only 6 pairs of swans and several mandarin ducks were left in the large Suwako Lake. Bird watching was much more comfortable without having to endure icy cold wind.













Sleepy swans enjoying an afternoon nap...zzzZZZ...







Hey! Wake up!! You guys are on camera!




















Oh really?!?! How do we look now??


Alright, I confess. The scenes are made up. One more : I am borrowing the shots from my husband. =P


Lakes, both huge and small, are nicely thawed. Unlike many other bloggers residing in Canada, U.S. and U.K., we have yet experienced any snowfall since the last in February. The climate is obviously getting warmer somehow, as I do recall snowfalls in March when I came to Japan 3 years ago.



We went to visit the huge ice rocks that I've shared in February. With lesser snow around, moving about was much easier and safer. The ice rocks have reduced a little in size and reshaped slightly, mostly because they have started to melt. Still, they never failed to stand at about 3 meters tall.




I always appreciate nature and enjoy the peace that it gives. Nature is always so unpretendiously beautiful, and generous in giving delight to those who relish it.

The running water of the gentle stream sounded so inviting, it made me sit for a while... The water was not cold at all, probably due to a hot spring nearby, but it had a silky touch. My husband claimed that fishes aren't likely to exist in such waters, as they can only survive in really cold water sources. Hmm... all my husband thinks about is fishing.


As I watched the streams, I felt my soul renewed. I recalled one of my favourite Psalm in the Bible,

' The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. ' Psalm 23.

Meditating on God's words in a natural environment like this is such a luxury! I can't thank God enough for what simple and satisfying joy He gives me... =)


6 comments:

Michele said...

Hehe.. I like your swans... it was funny but they are very beautiful birds.

I hope your Easter was magical and your time with your husband was special!

bp said...

So cute the eggs!

I'm glad your husband is back, and wow, what a lovely time outdoors that must have been for you and him!

Thanks for sharing all your beautiful pictures, and how much there is to the beauty and wonder of God's creations... that before, in my more hurried life back home, I took for granted.

Have a great week now! I love Ps 23, too! =)

Casdok said...

Lovely photos!

Admin said...

Hi Stardust,
Happy belated Easter!
Great to see the ice rocks again.
Keep enjoying Nature's wonderful gifts!

~Ling~ said...

Happy Belated Easter! Love your captions on the Swany pics, it brings a smile to my face. =)

Stardust said...

Thank you all so much! Hope you had a great Easter too! =D