08 June 2012

Missing my boy





I've received quite a few delightful news from friends this year.  They've got a new baby!  All pink and wrinkled and soft and sleepy newborns smelling like milk.


 


















And every baby's popping only makes me miss my boy, his earlier months ~ while his neck must be held to be burped, his poo runny, he was resistless during changing of clothes and diaper, the satisfied look on his face after nursing and that noisy smack on his lips, toothless smiles...



There are endless memories of my precious that have turned a little foggy by now and I regret having stopped blogging about him since 2012 started, mostly because I needed time for chores.  First things first you know.


 

























And my mind's telling me now the first thing to do is to preserve the memories before they fade completely... 


The cub is turning 1 in a couple of weeks.  Can you believe it?  I wish someone had keep nagging me from the start about how quickly he'll grow up.


That's why I keep telling friends who've just got their newborn. Haha.




2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We can't believe that your cub is almost a year old, Stardust! Where does the time go?
Those precious memories are in your heart forever!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

bp said...

I read your two newer posts first, that's so wonderful you've gone on to write down many of those especially special and beautiful moments you treasure!

I know what you mean there are lots more we wish we could have recorded, but I guess the key ones will always stay with us becoz they are extra special. I don't have a good memory of my oldest this little anymore, but there are/will be more and more moments to look forward to as they grow, not necessarily milestones in themselves, but the littlest things our kids do or say or are naughty about, that may be those two or three things I remember each child's little years by, when I look back.

You're doing a really awesome job taking care of Cub and the family and home, and treasuring up his precious moments! I feel your great love and joy, and know that it is such a joy for me -- and I am sure I am not the only one -- to read your accounts, thank you so much for sharing!