15 October 2011

For all we know

.


O
ver the past months some of my friends were lost and found thanks to FB.


I'm especially moved when 'reunited' with bad boy A. The heavy smoker with his playboy magazines who even bullied me a little, he's a born again now. An occupational therapist who helps the visually challenged, an image distant from his past.


And my secondary school friends who shared those bitter-sweet-bitter teenage years, we weren't kids raised in homes that taught stars could be reached. Disillusioned, none of us could see where we would be in 10 years. I guess most of us wished for lots and lots of luck when we graduated.


When 20 years have passed,


*Poor K who never seemed to do anything right, is now an associate director at a property firm.

*Shortskirt X travels the globe as an executive secretary.

*Gangsta A runs his own business with close connections at Dubai.

*Nerdy N a systems analyst.

*Shorty B makes his name in dance sports and belongs to a dance company.

*XY, E and F are raising 4, 5 and 6 children respectively.

*Soft V teaches at our very school.


Most had a taste of setbacks, but look how far they've come. I can't help feeling happy for everyone of them.



Bear let me down when my pot of greenie perished in summer. He thought I was trying to protest by letting it sit there, truth is I was hoping for a miracle though it seriously looked dying.



Then in the middle of all busyness, I forgot about why I didn't do away with it.










Until 2 months later, its promising green reminds me again of what I was waiting for.


And I'm reminded too, that even though sometimes things just never went my way, life just gets better.


It's a sweeter tomorrow. For all we know. :)






3 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Yes, friends all turn out differently from when we were in school! Our top student eloped and migrated! Nobody would have expected it coz she was a really goody two shoes, and the slackers turned out to be doing well! So never pre judge anyone.

grub said...

lots of interesting occupations among your friends. heh like you guys back then, i have no idea what i want to do fresh out of uni. i kind of look forward to the day to when i can look back and see what happened.

Molly the Airedale said...

How wonderful to see the new growth on your plant, Stardust!
Our mom loves catching up with old friends too on fb.

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch