19 December 2010

Julie & Julia





I
looooove this sweet film.




It's lighthearted, inspiring, and gives an honest aspect on how ladies in the past and present tried finding their place, and found their niche in the kitchen.



Kitchen! Bliss at that proximity!



I'm no cooking goddess, but really I resonate that joy in Julie and Julia. I miss the happiness of cooking, homemade dishes that Bear digs... especially so when I've stopped messing up my kitchen cold turkey for as long as 6 weeks already.




The spirit wanted to prance on my apron and start whisking something, all I'm thinking of is doing that 'most beautiful roasted chicken in the world' after watching the film! I'm thinking Julia Child, yes I saw the name in the cookbooks corner before. But before I make the leap, anyone tried her poultry? Crashed and burnt?



You see, I'm no Julie. :P



6 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom and dad watched that movie awhile back and they both loved it. Julia cooks beautifully but we've never followed one of her recipes. Good luck, Stardust! We know your roast chicken will taste wonderful!

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

umekotyan said...

こんばんわ、スターダストさん
12月は、早く忙しいですね。
体調の方は、大丈夫ですか?

私も、だいぶ風邪が長引いて、薬も余り効かなくって、外出もおっくうでした。
クリスマス気分に、のんびりと、家で過ごすしかないかな...と思っています。

今年も、いろんな出来事があったと、もう既に、
年末の準備をしなければ、慌ただしい毎日は、
変わらずですが、多くの時間を付き合ってくれて、
ありがとう。
来年は、卯年、ジャンプできる、1年、お互いに頑張ろうねヾ(*'-'*)

from loved ume tyan

stay-at-home mum said...

No I have tried her recipe, but I am sure you can do it. And Bear would love it ...anything done with LOVE tastes good. Come on Babe, get wokking!!

Mrs Mac said...

I love cooking but hate clearing up afterwards! I try to tidy and clean as I go along, but there is always washing up to do. Luvbug and I agreed when we first moved in together- 7 years ago- that one person would cook and the other wash up. We still do this. But he usually needs reminding!

I received your package today! Thank you for your lovely card! It's beautiful. Different from any others I've seen. I won't open the calendar till Christmas Day. I'll look forward to it! I have put it under our little tree.

I was late in sending out my stuff, but I hope it gets to you in time :)

MaryAnn Ashley said...

I just saw the movie recently and loved it too. I haven't tried any of her recipes... but I've thought about looking for the book at a used book store.

bp said...

I've not seen the movie nor tried any of the recipes, but will put it down as one movie that comes highly recommended from u!

I'm sure when u wear your apron again, you'll be whipping up a feast of yummy roast chicken and more -- for Bear and you, dear, that will leave you craving for even more :) (I like the play of names in your title)!