03 August 2010

Cute bites


.
I
miss Singapore's local treat, all the time.



I remember longing for local grub badly, especially the earlier years in Japan. When I finally got sick of Japan's eats, I began seeking solace in McDonald's. Simply put, it tastes exactly what I had in Singapore. McDonald's turns out passable for a comfort food, the fast way.


The only difference? Here, Mcdonald's is read 'mar-ku-do-na-ru-do', or 'mar-ku' in short.




Photobucket



Anyway, when the replica of my soulmate soul-food showed up, I snagged it fast by complying the standard meal + large fries and drink purchase. Mc's sure knows how to sell.




Check out their actual size. >.<



Photobucket



I am one
in the land of world-known exquisite gastronomy. How bizarre.


4 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

Ooh, they are so cute.

You want singapore food? mee siam? mee rebus, chicken rice?
Give me your jap address thru FB mail,and I will courier some pastes to you, then you can cook it there. If only you has said so last week, I would have sent it with my FIl who went to tokyo.

Piggy said...

Oh, I love the replica, the burger looks so real! heehee... but I haven't eaten at makudonarudo for a few years already, I prefer Burger King! ;-)

Is there burger king in Japan? If there is, do the japs call it ba-ga kin-gu? wahahhahaha!

grub said...

hello again! wow sure is strange eating mcdonald's in Japan when there's so much too offer :P

have you tried eating at other burger outlets they have there?

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom and dad have never taken us to McDonalds but they do take us to the Glenwood and mom says their hamburgers are just as yummy! We love French fries too!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch